HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete Application
2. Submit required documents:
- Official Transcripts showing class grades in all years of high school and university. English translations must be provided for transcripts in other languages and must be in the sealed envelope from the school.
- English Proficiency - The English language requirement may be satisfied by submitting official scores in several ways below.
Please ask the testing agency to send your official exam scores to Utah State University (USU).
- TOEFL - 71 (use code 4857 to send results USU)
- IELTS - 6
- USU’s Intensive English Language Institute’s placement exam - 145
*ONLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
TOEFL internet-based (iBT) exam score of 71 or paper-based exam score of 525. The institution school code for USU is 4857.* IELTS score of 6.0 overall band score with a minimum of 5.0 on each subscale* SAT Critical Reading score of at least 500 on exams last administered January 2016 or SAT Reading score of at least 27 first administered March 2016 ACT English score of 18 USU's Intensive English Language Institute (IELI) placement exam score of 145 or above on the IELI General Placement Exam and a passing score of 31 or above on the IELI Writing Exam** U.S. high school passing 3 or more years of mainstream English language classes * Scores that are more than 2 years old are not accepted ** The IELI placement exam may be taken upon arrival at USU What if you don't have an English score? An applicant who does not provide proof of English language proficiency through one of the options above must take the English Language Placement Exam, given by USU’s Intensive English Language Institute (IELI), if admitted. The exam will determine if you meet USU’s English language proficiency requirement or your place in one of four class levels of English instruction. You will be required to complete any required intensive English language courses before beginning other academic course work. What if you already speak English? If you have completed three years of high school or a minimum of two years of college in one of the countries listed below, you are considered to be proficient in the English language and will not be required to provide additional evidence of English proficiency: Australia, Canada (except Quebec Province), New Zealand, United Kingdom, and/or United States.
- Proof of Financial Support (Affidavit of Financial Support & Bank Statement Copy)
- Passport Copy
- (Engineering Majors are required to submit an ACT or SAT score)
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS NEED TO BE MAILED TO THIS ADDRESS:
Office of Global Engagement
Utah State University
9545 Old Main Hill
Logan UT 84322-9545 U.S.A.