HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete Application
2. Submit required documents:
- Official Transcripts showing class grades in all years of high school and university must be mailed to the address below. Do not open the envelope with the official transcript.
- Certified English translations must be provided for transcripts in other languages.
- English Proficiency - The English language requirement may be satisfied by submitting official scores in several ways below. Please ask the testing agency to send your official exam scores to Utah State University (USU).
- TOEFL - 71 (use code 4857)
- IELTS - 6.0
- USU’s Intensive English Language Institute’s placement exam - 146
*ONLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
TOEFL Internet-based (iBT) exam score of 71. The institution school code for USU is 4857* IELTS Score of 6.0 overall band score with a minimum of 5.0 on each subscale* SAT Critical Reading score of at least 500 on exams last administered January 2016 or SAT Reading score of at least 27 first administered March 2016 ACT English score of 18 USU's Intensive English Language Institute (IELI) Placement exam score of 146 or above on the IELI General Placement Exam and a passing score of 31 or above on the IELI Writing Exam** College/University Completion of at least 24 credits of post-secondary/university course work taught in the U.S. in English, excluding English as a second language courses. Courses must have been taken at an accredited college/university to be considered for direct admission. * Scores that are more than 2 years old are not accepted ** The IELI placement exam is offered at the beginning of fall, spring, and summer semesters What if you don't have an English score?
Students who do not demonstrate the required English proficiency scores, but are academically qualified, may be considered for admission to the Intensive English Language Institute (IELI) on the Logan campus. If admitted, students complete required English language courses before beginning their academic coursework.
What if you already speak English?
Undergraduate students who believe they demonstrate English language proficiency should complete the English Language Proficiency Appeal form.
Applicants from Australia, Canada (except Quebec Province), New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States whose first language is English are exempt from this requirement. Utah State University reserves the right to require proof of English language proficiency from any applicant regardless of their citizenship, if deemed necessary by a university official.
- Proof of Financial Support (Affidavit of Financial Support & Bank Statement Copy)
- Passport Copy
- (Engineering Majors are required to submit an ACT or SAT score)
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS NEED TO BE MAILED TO THIS ADDRESS:
Office of Global Engagement
Utah State University
9545 Old Main Hill
Logan UT 84322-9545 U.S.A.
- Summer Semester, apply by Feb. 1st
- Fall Semester, apply by May 1st
- Spring Semester, apply by Oct. 1st