International Admissions Requirements
USU is regarded as one of the country’s premier higher-education research institutions. We offer award-winning faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and career-driven degree programs. Start your degree path and apply now.
*If you are a U.S. citizen living overseas, you will apply as a domestic student, not international.
- Complete Application
- Pay $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Official Transcripts showing class grades in all years of high school and university must be mailed to the address on the right. Do not open the envelope with the official transcript.
- Certified English translations must be provided for transcripts in other languages.
- English Proficiency - The English language requirement may be satisfied by submitting official scores in several ways below. Please ask the testing agency to send your official exam scores to Utah State University (USU).
- Proof of Financial Support
- Affidavit of Financial Support
- Bank Statement Copy
- Passport Copy
- Fall Semester, apply by May 1
- Spring Semester, apply by Oct. 1
- Summer Semester, apply by Feb. 1
Official Transcripts Need To Be Mailed To This Address:
Office of Global Engagement
Utah State University
9545 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-9545 U.S.A.
- Official high school/secondary school transcripts with grades from the last three years with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or 656 total on the General Education Development (GED) exam (550 Battery Average prior to 2014). Some majors may have a higher GPA requirement.
- If you are applying for a major within the College of Engineering, official ACT or SAT exam results are required.
Please visit the graduate studies website for details on additional required materials.
Intensive English Language Institute
If you would like to study in IELI and/or USU, you will need to complete an on-line application through USU's main system. There are two options for studying at USU:
- IELI Pathways program: If you would like to pursue a degree after studying in IELI. After finishing IELI you may be able to enter directly into an undergraduate degree program at USU if you have applied and been admitted.
- IELI Only: If you would like to improve your English, you may apply for IELI only. If you later decide that you would like to stay and pursue a degree at USU, you will have to apply for the undergraduate or graduate degree program you desire.
- Please visit the IELI website for more information.